Sep 30, 2008

Why? Finally, Why?

Because we sat in that car and you told me I hadn't changed at all. Even having been through all of that stuff, you couldn't see that I had changed, even a little. Yeah, I was still pretty young and naive and ignorant and cocky. But in looking back, so much of what I went through and learned during that time shaped who I am today. And so much so that I feel like I'm a completely different person before those years and after.

I'm sorry. I wish I could have done that differently. I wish you could see my wife, children, career, hobbies, life. I miss having you there.

[If you don't understand this, it's probably not something aimed at you. :)]

1 comment:

dbomp said...

Yeah, I know. I've been watching quietly. Sometimes jealous, sometimes bitter, but always proud. Sure, sometimes I wished you'd made different choices, or maybe that you had some, but still.

[And I'm probably just embarrassing myself because this was meant for someone else. But still.]