Dec 6, 2018

Copenhagen Adventure, Day 7

Commuting with the local Danish folk has been a bit of a high point for me on this trip.  Just really love the vibe with the trains and the traffic and the bikes!


Took the train up to meet Michael for a ride to work, but got to stop at his house - apparently the former home of Jørgen Haagen Schmith, a WW2 resistance fighter (portrayed by Mads MIkkelson in Flame & Citron - a great movie!) which of course I found fascinating!



Apparently the intersection was the scene of some sort of kerfuffle during the war


And since I had it bookmarked, we drove past Jægersborg Allé 184, where Citron was killed after a gruesome firefight, where he held is own against 200 German troops, finally running out of ammo and charging the machine guns.

Ok, not much to see from the road, but still amazing



One of the previously mentioned Thatched roof houses


The monitors in the office had been deocrated with lights this morning, and get everything just that little bit of extra holiday cheer!

Heading home I realized I needed to eat - again - and headed into the center to find something.
The light show included turning the whole building into an advent calendar with a number in each window

Like I would go to Copenhagen and not see something Lego?


After having some Gløgg in Nyhavn I screwed up the courage to get some dinner, and had a lovely Tuborg holiday beer (Julebryg) and a "New York burger" which was flat out amazing.  Then back to the hotel to write up travels and then pack for tomorrow's departure.

I very much would love to stay longer.  And I very much can't wait to get home.  It's been a lovely, fun, beautiful, amazing, interesting, enlightening, happy trip.  But I miss my family and my comfy home.  But it sounds like I'll be back in less than too many seasons, so I look forward to coming back some day -- maybe next time during summer months where I get tons of light for taking pictures...


No comments: